Friday, 29 August 2008

Winston will go...

...and no one will be more disappointed than me...

I worked for and believed that this man would be a worthy P.M.

Winston seemed to me to be the man who could unite NZ and encourage under-achieving Maori to participate more in what should be God's lucky country. Instead, Winston has carved out for himself a self destructive and ego driven path...

My clash with him came when he alleged on Australian TV that he had been offered bribes to support Ruth Richardson's economic reforms, and so had his colleagues within the National party. I was a lowly National party branch chairman in his electorate and we came to blows (well nearly) over this. In addition, it was an election year (? 1984) and I kept asking the unprincipled prick whether we were going to be working for him, or the National party.

The eventual upshot was that I was sacked from my pathetic little post and Winston's acolytes ensured that dissent within the electorate was stifled.

Wello, boo fucking hoo.

Winston was then at the height of his power and influence - particularly in Tauranga. He threatened to "ruin me"... "I know who's pulling your strings" he said, astounding me...nobody pulled my strings, and as a young Dad, father of 2, with a new Physiotherapy practice and a mortgage, Winston's threat scared the bejeesus out of me, so much so that I took legal advice...

Well, Winston's won. Winston's values are monetary only, and in terms of money, the man's a winner. The biographers must be queueing up...

God on yer mate. Hold your head up high, enjoy the loot. It's been earned off the backs of thousands of naive, deluded and disappointed idealists...also see

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601081&sid=ai2EDkI2QhMI&refer=australia

1 comment:

peterkar said...

But Winston hasn't won... Soon he'll have to explain who was paying for his suits to be tailored, or how they were hand-me-downs from fishermen and jockeys. Long way to go yet.... Winston's ability to threaten others is a function of how much influence he's perceived to have, and soon that wont be much. He shouldn't fuck with billionaires who also happen to be MRGS alumni....