Monday, 18 May 2009

The Filthy tag pox...strikes me down...

...not the filthy poll tax, but a blogosphere baton, handed to me by The Salted Slug...
...Slugger writes to advise... 8 random things about my good slimy self. So here yer go:
I once had occasion to blow up a Russian T34 tank.
I spent New Year 2007/8 at a Las Vegas Blackjack table singing Johnny Cash songs with a Nebraskan Soy bean farmer.
People who conflate being pedantic with making an intelligent observation drive me nuts.
At school, I once wrote to the Chinese embassy to ask for a copy of Mao's red book; my Dad did the same thing when he was younger (and in the Army). He got a visit from Special Branch, though.
I have an impressive collection of cocktail ingredients, and often go shopping and buy limes and ice but forget to buy actual food.
I cannot remember when I last had hiccups.
I can sleep on anything.
I think the music that I find most emotionally evocative are Commodore 64 game soundtracks
...and another tag pox victim, the reprobate Captain Ranty, advises that he can count up to 4 in Druid*
...And, as I must, here are 8 random things that have helped to define me...
...as a 9 year old school prefect I was stood down in disgrace after slashing a boy's trousers with the blade from a pencil sharpener,
...again as a 9 year old I found that I could chew, with some difficulty, 60 separate pieces of chewing gum,
...I had a wonderful teacher who achieved international glory as an athletics coach, graced with the name of Archibald Jelley,
...my first car was a 1929 9hp. Riley with leather straps, spoked wheels and a stainless steel bonnet...it got me where I am today...
...I had an evening with the Sydney constabulary on New Years Eve/Jan. 1st 1968,
...my late father in law, God rest his soul, surprised me in flagrante delicto,
...I have a compulsive weakness to get totally trolleyed when enjoying the company of my brothers, and;
...the most evocative song for me is Van Morrison's, Angel of the Slipstream...there ya go...
* eeny,meeny,miny, mo...
I am passing this baton to Butch, Mr Mulholland, and also hurl it in the direction of Eric, lounging by The Pool Bar...

2 comments:

Eric said...

Gee, thanks Micky! ;-)

Ayrdale said...

Eric and Butch have both passed the poxy baton, Mr Mulholland is yesterday the father of twin girls, so he will be wreathed in celebratory cigar smoke till he passes out with delayed shock...